As mums living in the desert, we’ve got to be cautious about not only our water intake, but our children’s too. But did you ever consider the quality of the water we’re drinking? Not all drinking water is created equal, and so it’s understandable we should want to know where it comes from and what it contains. While drinking water is indistinguishable when sat side-by-side in a clear vessel, the variations in their contents can vary wildly. So, what is the difference between natural mineral water from a brand such as natrl™ and regular drinking water?
Well, there’s a clue in the phrase! There are no prizes for guessing which one contains natural minerals while the other type does not. These minerals such as calcium, sodium, zinc and more help achieve the recommended dosage to keep us fit, healthy and hydrated. Naturally sourced mineral water contains a number of incredible benefits too, such as maintaining a healthy heart, lubricating joints and aiding digestion.
While natural mineral water, (that comes from an underground source) contains minerals and trace elements, regular drinking water is stripped of its goodness through a process called “reverse osmosis”. This involves taking sea water and removing almost 100 per cent of contaminants, including the minerals, and then introducing man-made chemicals to make it safe for human consumption. However, these added ingredients are often difficult for the human body to absorb adequately. So, although you’ll feel refreshed and rehydrated, natural mineral water is the better option for long term health goals.
There’s also the popular trend of filtered tap water, but while the filter strips out all the harmful chemicals, it also removes magnesium, calcium and other nutrients. So, whilst both natural mineral water and regular water can keep you hydrated, only the former can help to promote a healthier lifestyle.
The Taste Difference
Did you know water has a taste? It’s all part of the TDS or Total Dissolved Solid scale and the rocks the water naturally glides along at the source. As natrl™ is from one of the cleanest places on the planet in New Zealand, their natural mineral water has a clean taste that doesn’t linger on the palate. By comparison, regular drinking water can taste bitter and often has a slightly thicker consistency.
Six Reasons to Consume More Water
- Our bodies are made up of more than 60 per cent water, which means we need to replenish this supply to remain in peak condition. By generating electrical and magnetic reactions, water literally gives us the energy to move and function.
- Water controls your body temperature. When you feel hot, either from exercise or excessive heat, consuming water will help you cool down and prevent dehydration that can reduce the body’s functionality.
- Consuming water helps with digestion. It helps us to absorb the essential nutrients from our food in a fast and efficient way, which is an important part of a healthy diet.
- Water is crucial for flushing the toxins out of our bodies. It can help to maintain free-flowing arteries and increase the rate of red blood cells to our lungs that creates more oxygen.
- Drinking water, especially natural mineral water, can help you maintain focus and keep you alert. There are no side effects, unlike other beverages, so you won’t suffer the “crashes” that can come with alternative stimulants such as coffee or energy drinks.
- By hydrating the skin, it delays the onset of wrinkles that comes with old age. Dehydration is how the folds in your skin happens over time, but making sure you drink enough quality water will keep you looking youthful for longer.
To find out more about natrl™ and their products, please visit their website or buy the water online easily through Farmbox and Kibsons.