As mums, we care about what we’re feeding our family. We strive to go organic and buy free range, sustainable and fresh produce wherever and whenever possible. It’s important not only that mealtimes are tasty, but also that they’re educational, teaching our children about nutrients and also where our food comes from.
We were super excited to discover New Zealand‘s Rangitikei Free Range chicken, available in Prime Gourmet, Park N Shop, Marks and Spencer and Choithrams! New Zealand’s temperate climate, fresh air and wide open spaces provide an idyllic environment for Rangitikei chickens to roam in the great outdoors enjoying a high standard of animal welfare and quality of life. Their diet of natural corn supplemented with crushed marigold flowers, other grains, vitamins and minerals, combined with a life lived with sunshine and fresh air, gives the chicken a succulent taste and texture for a richer buttery taste. Rangitikei farmers take great pride in providing their chickens with a better standard of welfare and quality of life. Rangitikei Free Range fresh chilled New Zealand chicken is flown overnight to Dubai and is specially packed to retain freshness, meaning we know that quality is guaranteed.
Rangitikei free range chicken is renowned for its natural flavour, juiciness and soft texture. Available as a whole bird or in tray pack portions of chicken breast, thighs, drumsticks, and wings. Enjoy roasted with a side of vegetables, marinated in your favourite sauce, or coated in a spice rub, the options are endless. Rangitikei free-range chicken is an excellent source of protein and a great addition to salads, sandwiches, noodles, stir-fries, curies, and tray bakes.
RECIPE SUGGESTION: CHIPOTLE ROASTED CHICKEN TACOS
One of our favourite recipes for Rangitikei free range chicken is the delicious Chipotle Roasted Chicken Tacos – a winner for both adults and kids alike! Our kids love the hands-on element of this meal and we love that we’re serving them a fresh free-range healthy dinner.
This recipe serves 4-6 people so perfect if you’ve got teenagers in the house but with little ones, we’ve always got leftovers so ideal for when you’ve got family over or you’re entertaining. This is a quick and easy recipe to make and we’ll sometimes substitute the fresh herbs for dry ones – but don’t tell anyone!
50g butter, softened
2 cloves garlic, finely chopped
½ teaspoon salt
1/4 cup coriander leaves, chopped
2 tablespoons oregano leaves, chopped
¼ cup parsley leaves, chopped
2 tablespoons smoky chipotle powder
1 Rangitikei Free Range chicken
8 corn tortillas
1 avocado, mashed
½ cup tomato salsa
½ cup sour cream
1 lime, quartered
- In a small bowl mix together the butter, garlic and salt. Then stir through the herbs.
- Remove the chicken from the packaging and sit breast side up in a roasting dish.
- Gently ease the skin from the breast, taking care not to tear it. Slip butter under the skin, pushing it as far into the chicken as you can. Leave some butter for rubbing over the outside of the bird as well.
- Sprinkle the skin with chipotle powder and then roast, breast side up, for 1 ½ hours until juices run clear when the thigh is pierced with a sharp skewer.
- Heat the corn tortillas according to pack instructions and serve with sliced chipotle chicken, avocado, salsa, sour cream and a squeeze of lime juice. Yum!