What PII do we collect from the individuals that visit our Website?
When placing an order or registering on our site, you may be required to enter your name, email address, phone number and / or other details to help us improve your online experience.
When do we collect information?
We collect information from you when you register on or surf our website, make a purchase, subscribe to a newsletter, respond to a survey or marketing communication, fill out a form or enter information on our site or use certain other site features.
How do we use your PII?
We may use the PII we collect from you in one of the following ways but not limited to:
- Personalise your online experience by allowing us to deliver the type of content and product offerings in which you are most interested
- Improve and manage our website in order to better serve you.
- Allow us to better service you in responding to your service requests.
- Administer a contest, promotion, survey or other site feature.
- Ask for ratings and reviews of services or products.
- Communicate promotional offers as well as to inform you about our latest content features and services
How do we protect your PII?
In order to make your visit to our site as safe as possible, our Website is frequently scanned for security holes and vulnerabilities. We use regular Malware Scanning.
Your PII is contained in secured networks. Additionally, all sensitive / credit card information you supply is encrypted via Secure Socket Layer (SSL) technology. We implement a variety of security measures when a user places an order, enters, submits, or accesses their information to maintain the safety of your personal information. All transactions are processed through a gateway provider and are not stored or processed on our servers.
Yes, we do. Cookies are text files that are stored on a user’s browser. This allows websites and servers to distinguish the browser from other browsers that store different cookies, and to recognise each browser by its unique cookie ID. These files allow the site or service provider’s system to recognise your browser, capture and remember certain information, to give you a unique online experience in the future.
- Help remember and process the items in your shopping cart
- Understand and save user preferences for future visits
What will happen if you disable cookies in your browser?
If you do decide to turn cookies off, certain site features that improve and customise your site experience may not function properly. However, you will still be able to place orders.
British Mums will not sell, trade, or otherwise distribute your PII to outside parties unless you have provided us with your consent. However, this does not include website hosting partners or other parties that assist us in operating our website. However, these parties are required to keep your PII confidential. Also please note that we are obliged to release appropriate information in order to comply with the law, enforce our policies or to protect the rights, property or safety of others.
However, please note that non-personally identifiable visitor information may be shared with outside parties for advertising, marketing or other purposes.
Occasionally the British Mums Website may contain links to, or offer third-party products and / or services. British Mums is not responsible for the content of any linked Websites accessed from the British Mums Website. Any third-party websites accessed from the British Mums website is subject to the respective terms and conditions of those Websites and / or services. Furthermore, the presence on the British Mums Website of a link to any other website or content not controlled by British Mums does not signify that we endorse or accept any responsibility for the content or the use of such Websites.
Google’s advertising requirements, as defined in their Advertising Principles, are put in place to provide users with a consistent and positive experience. These Advertising Principles can be accessed at: https://support.google.com/adwordspolicy/answer/1316548?hl=en
These services include but are not limited to:
- Remarketing with Google AdSense
- Google Display Network Impression Reporting
- Demographics and Interests Reporting
We, along with third-party vendors such as Google use first-party cookies (such as the Google Analytics cookies) and third-party cookies (such as the DoubleClick cookie) or other third-party identifiers together to compile data regarding user interactions with ad impressions and other ad service functions as they relate to our Website.
How can you opt out?
Users can set preferences for how Google advertises to them using the Google Ad Settings page. Alternatively, you can opt out by visiting the Network Advertising Initiative Opt Out page or by using the Google Analytics Opt Out Browser add on.
How does our Website deal with Do Not Track signals?
We honour Do Not Track signals and consequently we do not track, plant cookies, or use advertising when a Do Not Track (DNT) browser mechanism is in place.
Does our site allow third-party behavioural tracking?
Please take note that the British Mums Website does allow third-party behavioural tracking.
We collect your email address in order to:
- To critically engage with you by responding to inquiries, requests and / or questions and sending appropriate information.
- To process orders and send you information regarding any and all updates pertaining to orders.
- To market to our mailing list or continue to send emails to our clients after the original transaction has occurred.
- To be in accordance with the CAN-SPAM Act, we hereby agree to the following:
- Not use false or misleading subjects or email addresses.
- Include the physical address of our business or site headquarters.
- Honour and attend to opt-out/ unsubscribe requests quickly.
- Allow users to unsubscribe by using the link at the bottom of each email.
COPPA (Children Online Privacy Protection Act)
In accordance with the UAE’s Child Protection Law (Federal Law No 3 of 2016) the British Mums Website, its proprietors, agents and partners hereby agree to uphold the privacy, safety and security of all children. We do not specifically market to children.
If at any time you would like to unsubscribe from receiving future emails, you can follow the instructions at the bottom of each email.
Alternatively, email us at firstname.lastname@example.org and we will promptly remove you from all correspondence.