Find the city gems from local experts
Centre for Musical Arts (CMA) is seeking to appoint a well-qualified, flexible and enthusiastic Upper Strings (Violin, Viola) Specialist who is local to Dubai to join their team from April – July 2019. CMA offers one to one private instrumental lessons at their Centre based in the heart of Dubai and a peripatetic music service to schools.
This will be a part-time maternity cover contract starting on 13 April 2019 and ending on 4 July 2019. The successful candidate will have a 4-day working week of 20 hours. Centre for Musical Arts fully recognises its responsibilities for child protection, and we ensure we practise safe recruitment in checking the suitability of staff and to work with children. Employment at CMA is subject to DBS.
This role has potential for full time employment.
- Have experience teaching within a British School/Music Service
- Hold a Music Degree in Upper String Performance & Teaching or equivalent
- Have excellent knowledge of music exams (ABRSM, Trinity) and Music Theory
- Be very well organised, highly motivated and a team player
- Be an excellent communicator and have good English speaking and writing skills
- Have a love for your instrument and be passionate about music
- Holder of a driving licence
- Experience with string ensembles or youth orchestra would be useful
- Ability to accompany your students on piano would be advantageous
- Knowledge of Musical Teaching Software and be IT literate / knowledge of Google Drive