Find the city gems from local experts
North London Collegiate School Dubai seeks an enthusiastic and highly-qualified School Nurse. The Nurse will play an important role at NLCS Dubai. The successful candidate will have an international outlook and an appreciation for the impact a health care professional can have in the School. This person will be quick to learn about the organization and begin to interact with various stakeholders to perform the role immediately. He/she will be educated to degree level or above and may also have other relevant professional qualifications. The post holder will be an outstanding practitioner who has a proven ability to perform his/her own duties and support others in performing their duties. he/she will be expected to have the following capabilities in terms of personal qualities, professional experience and skills:
The core responsibilities will include:
- Assist with the organizing and managing the school clinic including:
- Ensure that all medical supplies and equipment needed for first aid and emergency care are available and in working condition
- Prepare a medical file for each child
- Compile a student medical condition list and update regularly
- Handle student health concerns and provide first aid care as required along with proper documentation.
- Look after unwell children. Call the parents if:
- the child needs to be sent home;
- the child needs oral medication;
- the child has an injury that requires medical treatment outside of the school.
- Document for parents any visit to the clinic for any child.
- Inform the teachers about the child’s condition after any visit to the clinic.
- Write accident reports as necessary
- Work with the school doctor in conducting annual school medical check-up
- Prepare the children’s files for before medicals
- Measure the children’s height and weight
- Communicate with the doctor with regards to any medical concern or refer for advice when needed
- Prepare all health related correspondence to be sent to parents:
- Inform parents if there is a case of a contagious disease in their child’s class
- Notify parents of the annual school medical check-up schedule
- After the check-up, send the doctor’s report to parents including updates on missing/due vaccinations
- Administer children’s individual medication as per parent’s written instructions
- Monitor children’s attendance and follow-up absences as necessary.
- Communicate with parents regarding their child’s well-being and give advice as needed.
- Organize, develop and implement health education programmes for the children in order to enhance their personal health practices.
- Coordinate with the Dubai Health Authority regarding student vaccination records and requirements.
- Attend to staff medical needs including administration of medication as needed.
- Organize and plan a First Aid Course for every staff
- Check the school grounds daily for any hazards, broken equipment or any other problems and inform the Facility Manager as needed.
- Liaise with Facility Manager regarding standard Dubai Municipality requirements.
- Ensure that there are clear policies for all students and staff regarding activities in hot weather.
- Assist in development and implementation of new procedures and features to enhance the workflow of the department.
- Act in accordance with relevant legislation in the UAE and Dubai, as well as UK guidelines, particularly with regards to educational provision, health and safety initiatives and safeguarding and ensure that all students and staff maintain these standards
The successful candidates will plan and perform at the highest levels of academic and pastoral care.
To Apply: E-mail your CV with subject line: British Mums - Application for the position of SCHOOL NURSE to Reham Johnson: firstname.lastname@example.org
Application Deadline: 12pm on Tuesday 10th December 2019
- Bachelor Degree or higher in a related field
- At least 3 to 5 years’ previous experience in a similar role, preferably in a school
- Demonstrated experience with MS Word, MS Excel and related programs
- Effective communication skills, including the ability to effectively communicate requests and instructions to individuals and groups
- Commitment to, and enthusiasm for, client service and delivery
- Possess flexibility and adaptability to manage changing work requirements and varying volumes of work
- Ability to work co-operatively and effectively within the team and the organisation
- Ability to manage multiple tasks simultaneously, solve problems, manage and meet deadlines and maintain a high quality of work
- Possess a personal presentation that reflects a professional image and the values of the organisation
- Exemplary communication skills in English, both verbal and written
- High level interpersonal skills
- Confident and articulate in communicating with others
- Possess good organisational skills, manage time efficiently
- Ability to show good cultural understanding